Units of Time Quiz
Test Your Research Skills
Units of Time
This is a fun vocabulary quiz on the topic of time words; it is suitable for learners at level B2 and above
1. Which is faster, a nanosecond or a millisecond?
2. Which is faster, a millisecond or a microsecond?
3. How many milliseconds are there in a second?
4. How many seconds are there in five minutes?
5. How many minutes are there in a quarter of an hour?
6. How many seconds are there in two hours?
7. How many minutes are there in a day?
8. How many hours are there in a day?
9. How many hours are there in a weekend?
10. How many hours are there in one week?
11. How many minutes are there in a fortnight?
12. How many days are there in a calendar month?
13. How many days are there in a lunar month?
14. How many days are there in a standard year?
15. How many days are there in a leap year?
16. How many hours are there in a leap year?
17. How many years are there in a generation?
18. How many years are there in four decades?
19. How many years are there in a couple of centuries?
20. How many years are there in a millennium?
1. A nanosecond. There are a million nanoseconds in a millisecond.
2. A millisecond. There are a thousand microseconds in a millisecond.
3. 1,000 milliseconds.
4. 5 minutes x 60 seconds = 300 seconds.
5. 15 minutes.
6. 60 seconds x 60 minutes = 3,600 seconds in 1 hour; 3,600 x 2 = 7,200 seconds.
7. 60 minutes x 24 hours = 1,440 minutes.
8. 24 hours.
9. 2 days x 24 hours = 48 hours.
10. 24 hours x 7 days = 168 hours.
11. 1,440 minutes per day x 14 days = 20,160 minutes.
12. It varies between 28 and 31 days.
13. 29.53059 days.
14. 365 days.
15. 366 days.
16. 24 hours x 366 days = 8,784 hours.
17. 25 years.
18. 10 years (1 decade) x 4 = 40 years.
19. 100 years (1 century) x 2 (a couple) = 200 years.
20. 1,000 years.
Taken from Big Resource Book, by Matt Purland, available from: https://purlandtraining.com/free-books/free-big-resource-book-for-esol-lessons-by-matt-purland/
Big Resource Book is one of 27 fabulous free resource books for teachers and students of English which are available to download for free from: https://purlandtraining.com/free-books/27-free-books-for-teaching-english-pdf-digital-download/
This free site also offers thousands of free printable worksheets as well as other helpful material like podcasts, lesson plans, infographics, video lessons, wordsearch puzzles, and games.
All the free material on PurlandTraining.com is free to use and in the Public Domain, which means that anybody can use it freely – for commercial or non-commercial use.